The Parish Life Committee plans, supplies and staffs church activities to enhance the social, recreational, and spiritual life of the United Reformed Church for its members, friends, and community. Among the various activities the committee organizes are:
• Weekly Fellowship Hour with coffee and light refreshments following Sunday worship, a highlight of which is "Sundae Sunday" on the first Sunday of each month.
• Special dinners and luncheons (Bring a Friend to Church Sunday; dedication of the restored sanctuary windows; Strategic Planning kick-off) and celebrations of various events at United, including receptions for new members and for confirmands, and repasts for deceased members and friends.
• “Souper” Bowl Sunday, held during Fellowship Hour on Super Bowl Sunday, uses donated cans of soup to determine the upcoming winner of the Super Bowl, but the real winner is the Food Bank Network of Somerset County, which receives the donated soup; special meals for church-related activities.
• A Mardi Gras celebration and pancake breakfast complete with a delicious menu and music provided by a Dixieland band.
• A variety of social activities, including Bunco Parties, a dinner theater trip, painting lessons at Pinot's Palette and potluck suppers.
• Food preparation and staffing by United’s volunteers for SHIP’s Galley I on the 4th Friday of each month.
• Nursery care, in coordination with the Youth Group, for infants through pre-school-age children during worship and special services.
In addition, the committee works in conjunction with other church committees on such events as the Twelfth Night & Boar’s Head Festival and community service projects. Greeting cards for all occasions are sent to members and friends in a timely fashion and the flowers from Sunday worship services are delivered to hospitalized or homebound members.