CROP Hunger Walk

logo new

The Next CROP Hunger Walk is scheduled for
Sunday, October 22, 2017!
crop

Walk, Give, Change the World!


For more than 40 years, United Reformed Church has hosted the Central Somerset CROP Hunger Walk and Team United walkers have raised thousands of dollars for hunger programs both abroad and locally. Up to 25% of the money raised in our CROP Hunger Walk is distributed between The Food Bank Network of Somerset County and the Samaritan Homeless Interim Program (SHIP). The remaining 75% is used by Church World Services to provide food, medical care, disaster relief and self-help development for needy people around the world. In the last 25 years, CROP Hunger Walks have raised more than $300 million to help people struggling to feed their families – both around the world and around the corner.

We welcome many local congregations, civic organizations, schools, clubs and individuals to walk with us. There are many ways you can participate, even if you are not able to walk;

- Serve on the organizing committee: 2 or 3 volunteers are needed to help organize the walk.
- Recruit and promote the walk to your family, friends, co-workers and any other organizations you may be involved with.
- Be a volunteer helper on walk day.
- Walk the 1.3 mile distance route or be a “Spirit Walker”– raise funds even though you are unable to participate.
- Support Team United or an individual walker with a generous donation.

For more information, contact our walk coordinator, Mark Cannizzo at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

To view a map of the Central Somerset Walk Route, click here.